Virtual Events Manager
Following a period of strong and sustainable growth, we have recently launched a new Virtual Experiences and Events department. The surge in demand for online experiences and events is continually growing. Consequently, we are looking to recruit a talented, aspirational and motivated virtual events manager to help expand and build our offering as well as push the boundaries online virtual experiences.
This role offers a huge opportunity to grow and progress quickly as well as play a crucial role in the growth, development and success of a new department. As the global pandemic situation develops, this role will expand to incorporate both hybrid and live events.
- Previous experience of end-to-end management of virtual and live events with various degrees of complexity
- Strong technical experience and knowledge of running virtual event platforms and their production technologies and requirements (e.g. Zoom, GoToWebinar, Hopin)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player who can work to deadlines as well as a strong level of independence
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail
- A proactive and aspirational attitude and willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Engaged with virtual event news, innovations, trends and competitors
- Knowledge of virtual event production and streaming providers
- Understanding of the technicalities behind hybrid and live event streaming/broadcasting
- Customer-oriented and solutions-based approach
- Experience running live events, such as conferences, Advisory Boards, Keynotes. Etc.
- Previous experience of working in an agency
- Awareness of common regulations surrounding medical communications (e.g. ABPI code of practice)
- Work closely with the Virtual Experiences and Events director to execute the vision of the department
- Work with clients to determine their needs for virtual events and advise on solutions
- Understand the engagement and content in a live event setting and how this can be translated into a virtual event
- Translate client needs into detailed briefs for internal teams
- Work closely with Client Services, Editorial and Video teams to run successful virtual events
- Liaise with third-party suppliers and production providers
- Management of clients and event speakers
- End-to-end management of live and pre-recorded virtual events
- Live management of events
- Build expertise in video conferencing, unified communications, broadcast and production technologies
- Develop and maintain timelines and project trackers for all allocated projects
- Support the Client Services teams with the development of accurate budgets
- Develop a full understanding of industry compliance guidelines (ag. ABPI)
If you are interested, send us an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or ask us a question using the form below.