Senior Digital Project Manager
Senior Digital Project Manager – Brandcast Health
Brandcast Health are looking for an experienced and creative Senior Digital Project Manager. The successful candidate will have responsibility for planning, co-ordinating and executing digital strategy and projects with support from client service, development, creative and writing teams.
This is an exciting opportunity within a growing and vibrant medical communications team, who have a special focus on creating practical digital solutions for healthcare clients, mainly in the biotech and pharmaceutical fields.
As well as delivering amazing digital communications projects work for their clients, Brandcast Health breeds a culture of creativity and innovation. The new Senior Digital Project Manager will have a key role in their ‘Digital Labs’, staying on top of trends and working with the Senior Leadership Team to create new solutions and services that are unique within the Medical Communications industry and attractive to new and existing clients.
Brandcast Health is a digitally focussed, creative Medical Communications Agency. With a head for medical, creativity its heart, and the skills to develop cutting-edge digital solutions, Brandcast Health is able to partner with pharmaceutical and biotech clients to provide truly integrated medical communications strategy. With in-house strategy, medical writing, account management, video, design, and digital studios, the agency is able to work quickly and practically without sacrificing quality.
- Between 5–7 years project management experience, working on client-facing digital and creative agency projects
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate with client and internal stakeholders
- Experience with the delivery of innovative, fast, flexible, secure and reliable websites and apps
- Proven experience working on complex integration projects
- Experience with various project management techniques, such as agile and waterfall project methodologies
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of SEO techniques and implementation
- Ability to produce several conflicting projects at once
- Confidence to lead and manage the development and delivery large-scale complex solutions
- Familiar with tools such as Project/Merlin, Visio and the common Office Software tools. You will also be expected to gain a deep knowledge of our clients’ technical platforms such as WordPress, Veeva, Drupal7 and CQ5
- Thirst for variety and challenge
- Innate problem solving attitude and a desire to work in a flexible, collaborative culture
- An engaging manager, who will make a positive impact on the company and its clients
Project Management and Solutions
- To define technical approach to valuable and inspiring digital projects, such as apps and websites, from concept through to delivery
- To ensure that digital development work is delivered on time and on budget
- Organising Development team resources and activities. E.g. planning development resources across projects and running team meetings (planning meetings, stand-ups, retrospectives etc.)
- To produce schedules, budgets and reports (including KPIs, data analytics etc), as well as be involved in troubleshooting and problem solving throughout
- To oversee quality control for digital project plans and delivery, as well as ensuring best practice for security and privacy of hosted services and platforms is maintained
- To work with Creative Director and Client Service Leads to oversee user experience and digital design output, in line with expectations of clients
- To join client calls and meetings to discuss and present digital solutions in a way that they can understand, gaining trust and buy-in from clients
- To support Client Service teams with the briefing of developers and to facilitate communication between departments where required. Some support will also be required for the oversight of processes and workflows for the design and video teams, using your project management expertise
- To provide technical direction, particularly with digital project delivery. This includes scoping, planning and overseeing digital projects, including digital sales aids, websites, community platforms, emails, mobile applications and various special projects.
- To provide innovative and unique solutions, and support Brandcast Health to retain it’s status as a leading, digitally driven medical communications agency
- To provide Training and support for digital competency of accounts teams
- To use their experience and understanding of digital marketing and communications campaigns to develop unique solutions for our clients that will result in measurable ROI
- Oversee user testing and ensure QC is complete before launch of digital materials and sites
- To support the client service and creative team with traffic management for video (2 editors), design (2 creatives) and development (3 developers), including leading weekly production meetings
- To help prioritise workload within the production teams with guidance from Senior Management and the Client Service team
- To be responsible for flagging resource issues, and hiring and managing external resources, such as development agencies and freelancers with support from Senior Leadership Team.
- To provide technical support and recommendations for internal projects and processes, including project management software, file storage, management of media assets and archiving, and recommending software that will support the agency with these processes
- To stay on top of digital trends and proactively share knowledge with wider team
- Line management responsibility for 3 web developers, including the update and maintenance of their career development plans, target setting and training, and reporting progress to the Senior Leadership Team
- Will report to senior leadership team, including – Managing Director, Medical Communications Director and Creative Director
Medical Communications Experience
- Experience in Healthcare Communications and an understanding of the specific challenges faced in this industry would be preferred but is not necessarily required, as would experience delivering the standard formats of content for the industry (i.e. Digital Sales Aids, eLearning, websites, and email campaigns).
- There would be an expectation for the ideal candidate to have understood the risks and limitations of digital campaigns within the pharmaceutical industry, and show that they are able to consider and mitigate these risks in the development and delivery of their approach.